The town of Labin consists of the old medieval town located on a 320 m high hill and a new part of the town below. The Old Labin is the best preserved acropolis in Istria.
Apart from many cultural and historical monuments, Labin is a town of artist. There are some 30 artists living and working there as well as several galleries. In nearby Dubrova there is the Sculpture Park where International Sculptors Symposium has been taking place for the past 40 years. In the summer the old centre is taken over by the Art Republic, a combination of music, performance and fine arts.
The main Museum is the Town Museum and it is located in the beautiful Palace Battiala Lazzarini with an interesting archeological and ethnological collection and reconstructed mine shaft. The atrium holds a lapidarium with stone monuments from the Antiquity. The reconstructed mine contains original tools used for digging coal and is located in the basement evoking hard life of the miners. The town gates of St Flor built in 1587 lead to the old town. There is also a 17th century tower in the town offering a magnificent view, and another square tower.